Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Little Festival Called Burning Man

I'm gonna make it quick, because the picture really speaks for itself...

Genia and I were at the PDQ gas station on Johnson St. and there was a little red car that was in the shape of a giant telephone. It looked like this:



I kind of didn't know what to do, so I followed Genia's hysterical giggling and pulled up next to this brilliant car. As I covertly took a picture on my phone, Genia asked the guy basically what the eff was happening. He explained that the car made appearances in parades and festivals and things like that. This summer happened to be ending at "a little festival call Burning Man."

Jesus christ. For more information, check the link.

3 comments:

Sara Ashes said...

Once upon a time I had a friend named Frank (aka the DC decoy for Emil's graduation) that went to Burning Man every year. When he would talk about it he would get this tone in his voice that was never there before, like

"yeeahhh, maaan"

which is to say he sounded like a hippie, when he actually was more like a anarchist punk that was not fond of hippies at all.

In any case, I agreed to help him with their "tent" one year which involved sewing a giant worm out of muslin. That bitch permanently broke my sewing machine. AND it looked stupid.

Burning man!

Reem Tara said...

A giant muslim worm? What the hell?

Sara Ashes said...

muslin, not muslim! like the fabric!