Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Restaurant Week Summer 2011 - 43 North

Guess what! I'm not feeling too wordy lately. So, here are some pictures from 43 North during Restaurant Week:

"Amuse bouche." Jess says, "Well, I'm amused!" Come on, man, that's FUNNY. It was also sort of greasy, and I don't remember what it was. Sorry.

Bread with European butter and olive oil powder. Food is complicated sometimes.

Watercress Salad: Pineapple, goat cheese and hazelnut.

Chilled Tomato Soup: Pressed melon, salsa verde and olive oil

Bounty of Vegetables: Truffle spaetzel, malt, barley and hazelnut. Hahahaha! BOUNTY!!!

Game Hen: Gnocchi, wild mushrooms, sorrel and mustard caramel.

Benedictine Cheese: Carr Valley, shallot fig conserve and red quinoa cracker.

Tamarind: Passion Fruit, cilantro and coconut

There were a couple of delicious vodka drinks. And they gave out a $20 off dinner coupon, so yes, I will go back.

3 comments:

jx said...

I see there are no comments regarding my hilarity yet. Ah well. I'd say your dessert was the best dish of the evening, while the olive oil powder was the most nonsensical.

Reem Tara said...

I KNOW, RIGHT?! I can't believe nobody has said anything. You were brilliant that night. And I agree with both points. I told my parents about olive oil powder and they both scrunched up their faces and judged.

Anna said...

The olive oil powder - I wanted it to be even more than it was, you know? We should go together sometime. The first/only/last time I was there (birthdaydinner, hay hay)I had a "foiewurst" which is, just as it sounds, a homemade bratwurst made with foie gras and veal. It was so light and delicious it LITERALLY almost floated off the plate. Good thing my mouth was there to catch it before it flew away.