Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Italy #3: Haikus for the Men

Both my sister and my friend Miriam write haikus pretty often. And although they've never been my forte, I've been hearing some in my head as we've walked around Rome these past few days. A warning in advance: YIKES.

1. Curly dark brown hair,
Kind of like an Arab guy
But less like my Dad,

2. Walking with purpose,
Your pants fit you really well.
Appreciated.

3. Casual yet so
together. Suit jacket with
jeans. Very well done!

4. Marriage proposal
from the hotel's cute doorman.
Considering it.

5. Haikus about men.
What is Rome doing to me?
Feel like such a gal...

6 comments:

Sara Ashes said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE
love love love
love.

Reem Tara said...

Wait a minute Sara, that's not the correct syllabic formula! Regardless, love right back to you. xo

SophisticatedBrew said...

LAWL. I like #5. I wrote some haikus once:
http://grinandbeerit.blogspot.com/2009/07/beer-haikus-4-beer-kus.html

e. theis said...

Oh, geez louise Reem
You know us dudes so damn well
You should write a book

e. theis said...

Oh, geez Louise Reem
You know us dudes so damn well
Put these in a book!

Reem Tara said...

LOVE YOU ERIC.