Thursday, July 8, 2010

Total Maroon

After cooking my dinner tonight, I sat down to eat. It took about 15 minutes. I also sat around for about 10 more minutes before going back to the stove to clean up a bit. I'd left a pan on the stove, and looking inside, I saw this:
What is it? A glob of cheese? A well-seasoned egg white? A dab of butter, perhaps? No, my friends, for I'm way stupider than that tonight. It's part of my white plastic spoon that melted when I left it in the pan on accident. Oh, and I also left the stove on.
Although I was somewhat distraught at the tragedy of losing my spoon (I only have two other identical spoons, you see!), I did see an opportunity for...

PROP COMEDY!!! Wooo, I'm takin' a bite! Yeah!
What a maroon. Theme of the day, babies. Total maroon.

6 comments:

Tara said...

It's a fried egg!! This reminds me of a disaster featuring and easy bake oven and Andrea that still haunts me to this day. Melted spatulas can crush a kid.

Cody said...

It did look like an egg. Sunny side up, my fave.

Lynn said...

your bangs are looking pretty fantastic.

Reem Tara said...

Thanks, Lynn! The "egg" is sitting on my counter. I think I'm going to send it to somebody in an envelope. It's too great to just throw away.

Sara Ashes said...

I think reading this before I went to bed prompted me to have a dream about all the knobs on my stove melting off!

Also, thank you for consistently refusing to neglect an opportunity to perform prop comedy. Love, Sara and Sharkey

jx said...

I think this is the beautiful beginnings of a flourishing fake food business.