Monday, October 12, 2009

Toto + Mannheim Steamroller = A Perfect Match?

You know the song "Rosanna" by Toto? I was telling Gwen today that it's one of only two songs that I will for sure 100% always listen to if it comes on. Whether it's on a cd, my iPod, or the Lite FM station, if it comes on, I know I will never ever skip it. Even with my favorite bands like Guns n' Roses or Devotchka, or, believe it or not, the song "Don't Stop Believing," I can't be sure I'll be in the mood to listen. Seriously, sometimes I'm not in the mood for GNR. I know, I can't believe it either. But "Rosanna," I'm in the mood for that every time!

Have you ever noticed, though, that the big instrumental solo in "Rosanna" sounds really similar to something that maybe Mannheim Steamroller might do? Hmm...sort of gross...

Check out the solo at about 2:50.



And here is the Mannheim Steamroller. I'm not going to give you a time - just watch the whole video. You know, get the whole story.


They're like the same song! Yeah, I just wanted to point that out.

Oh, and what's the other song I'll always listen to, you ask? "Africa." Also by Toto. Whoops a daisy!

2 comments:

Cody said...

So, I have been to a mannheim steamroller concert. Totally boring. I fell asleep.

Anna said...

I ama constantly and pleasantly surprised with you, because Africa is my favorite song of all time.