Thursday, February 24, 2011

ARE YOU READY TO LAUGH!??!?!

A year or two ago I made a blog that consisted solely of internet pages and videos that made me laugh. The purpose of this collection was to make me chill the hell out when I wake up crabby. I haven't exactly been crabby for the last ten days...no, more so exhausted, tense, sad, confused, crazy-lady, delirious, achy, hysterical...and I haven't even spent the night in the Capitol yet (Props to Shane in that video - nice job getting "nestier," my friend)! With all that's going on, it's been a challenge to remember to take good care of myself, take breaks, not overdo things, and not become consumed. It's really difficult. So, with the goal of being a well-balanced person once again, I give you...

MORE HILARIOUS INTERNET THINGS!!!

Those of you at the Capitol night and day, I strongly salute your badass-ness and hardcore-ity, and sincerely dedicate this to you. You're doing amazing things, and for that, we all thank you times a zillion. So much respect. Now, if you feel so inclined, take a couple minute break and have a laugh!

If you read my last entry on hilarious internet thingies, you probably noticed my affinity for voiceovers. Yeah, well...they're funny. For example, have you heard of Randall's Animals?
The honey badger is definitely the most hilarious by far, but I also suggest watching The Jesus Christ Lizard, The Gross and Disgusting American Bullfrog, and The Gang of Flamingos one. You know what? Eff it, watch them all. Every single one.

Okay, once you've watched all of Randall's videos, why don't you come on over to one of my favorite websites called Totally Looks Like? This is basically a site of things/people that look like other things/people. Yep. That's it. Check this genius move - Cee Lo Green totally looks like Raphael (my favorite Ninja Turtle - ooh, that temper!):The whole website is pretty genius. Have a lookie!

Okay, let's get back to videos. Ever heard of Legion of Rock Stars? Um...it's basically more voiceovers. But with popular songs!
I cannot hear "Mother" in a regular way anymore. I can't even sing along to it because all I remember is this hilarious version. I also highly recommend The Lion Sleeps Tonight and I'm On Fire by Bruce Springsteen. Oh god, Bruce, I'm so sorry!

Let's see, what else is hilarious? Oh, I know. Go to google images. Google "smiling dogs." Tell me what you think of that! Here's a sneak peek, in case my mere suggestion doesn't entice you enough:

Yeah. That's what I thought.

Now, this next one isn't exactly hilarious, but it may very well leave you laughing with joy! Check out Bel Biv Devoe's brief reunion on Jimmy Fallon here. Oh BBV, you totally get it.

Back to hilarity. Here's a picture of Dawson from Dawson's Creek crying:

Poor guy.

This next one will probably take you a little while, so maybe it can be saved for a more substantial break. Go to Yearbook Yourself and upload some pictures of your damn face, and watch yourself travel through the decades. Oh lord. I'm such a sucker for these things. If you don't have time to do your own, you can just check out some of my albums (you probably have to be my facebook friend and signed in to view these. It's worth it, dudes). Here's a good example:
Yep, that's my siblings and I in Chess Club. Classy times.

Hey, there's always trailers for legitimate movies! Like Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus, starring, who else, Lorenzo Lamas and Debbie Gibson:

Totally legitimate.

Aaaaannnddd...let's close by revisiting a classic: A Giant List of Hobo Names. Good ole Whispering-Lies McGruder. He's a classic, he is.

I do hope I've brought a little laughter into your lives, my friends. When I was a child, my father taught me to laugh when I felt scared. So maybe that's really what's happening here. Whatever the reason, I know I've appreciated taking breaks, turning off a couple of switches in my brain (and that one was me mother's idea - what smart parents I have!), and finding a little hilarity in life. Whoops, I mean in the internet. Much love to all you awesomes who have been working so hard - you are amazing!

3 comments:

Sara Ashes said...

you are one magnificent genius, my sister. xoxox

Reem Tara said...

Thanks, Sister! "Prince Chihuahua! Prince Chihuahua!" =)

Lauren said...

I have really appreciated all your coverage of the WI protests. The video of the protesters singing Do you Hear the People Sing had me in tears (well, when does that song not have me in tears) and garnered a standing O from Miss E with multiple rounds of applause. (though to be fair, Eloise applaudes whenever someone else does, in fact once when the history channel was on, she started clapping along with Nazi's applauding a speech from you-know-who and it got awkward and we had to divert our clapping to bunnies and chocolate). Hugs.