Monday, August 29, 2011

Real Life Gal

Ways I'm becoming a Real Life Gal this summer:
  • I usually fancy "something sweet" after dinner when I never used to before. Like a bonbon.
  • All I want to drink is a margarita. I'm literally excited about margaritas. Maybe a fruity one. Usually I like vodka and bourbon, so this is different, see?
  • I wave and holler at firefighters from my car.
  • I wave and holler at firefighters when I'm walking by the fire station.
  • I wave and holler at this one firefighter on facebook who's a friend of my brother.
  • I thought the UPS man was hot, just because of his uniform. His whole self was really not hot at all.
  • I wear unreasonable shoes in inappropriate situations. Well, that's sort of all the time and regular. But still, Gals.
  • I tried on shoes at DSW just because they were insanely high. They are called Nude Pumps and I think about them about 3 times every day and lament not buying them.
  • I love Zumba.
  • I giggle about boys at work with Lacy. Literally, "HEEHEEHEE BOOOYYYSSS!!!" right in the middle of the damn art center, our place of work.
  • Later that night, I get a text from Lacy that says "I need to have a Gal moment - can you talk?" and I respond by frantically calling her and greeting her by screaming "OH MY GOD HI WHAT WHAT?!"
  • I wrote haikus about the men of Italy. And their well-fitting pants.

Wah.

WAH.

I guess this is just who I am now. AND I LOVE IT, RIGHT GALS?!?!?!?!

10 comments:

Daniella said...

Oh my god, I miss you.

SophisticatedBrew said...

GALS! omg. you are amazing.

SophisticatedBrew said...

Reclaim the Gal inside of you. Wear a big purse. Fill it with bonbons. You go girl. YOU GO GAL.

Reem Tara said...

Oh Sarah, you reminded me! I just switched to a GIANT black purse with turquoise ruffles all down the front. Giant. Also I think most of this is about me being boy-crazy. Whoops.

Daniella, I miss you too! NEIGHBORS!

Anna said...

Gaaaaaals!! What say we get together for a Golden Girls marathon and a pitcher of margaritas? I'll wear my best housecoat and high heeled slippers.

Layla said...

As Beyonce says:
"Who run the world? Girls!
Who run this motha? Girls!
Who run the world Girls!"

Why...because we rule for all the reasons you listed and more!

I am most proud of the shoe trying on and the lusting after them!! Love it!!

Tara said...

I've had a number of awkward interactions with boys at the super market and the dog park that make me gals it up pretty bad.

Reem Tara said...

Anybody else notice that only gals commented on this one? Love you all.

jx said...

I also believe you were recently photographed in a convertible. I'd add that to the list.

Reem Tara said...

Holy crap, Jess. Touché!