Saturday, January 12, 2013

Something New: Orzo

The other day, I thought to myself, "I should try to cook something new every week this year and blog them all!" Then it morphed into, "Or, at least cook and/or prepare 50 new foods or recipes this year...and also blog about them!" And then, it trickled into, "Okay, maybe do 50 new things, not necessarily cooking-based. Though most of them will probably be cooking because, hey, pictures of food are pretty, and that's mostly what this blog is comprised of anyhow!"

Then I decided to chill out, stop making silly year-long and list-based expectations, and just make some orzo because, for some reason, I've never made orzo before. Don't get too excited; I made something akin to the most basic pasta salad ever, just with orzo instead of other-shaped-pasta. And I decided that maybe I'll do some things, maybe they'll be new, and maybe there will be a blog about them. Hey, commitment, eh?

Here are all the lovely, fresh ingredients.


This is orzo! It is exactly the same as any other pasta, which is why the whole "new" thing doesn't totally apply...


Chopped stuff in piles. Pretty.


Rinsing the orzo. I know this sounds weird, but it felt really nice. Maybe spas should consider this as a luxury treatment; the cool-water-orzo-hand-rinse.

Mixing the ingredients while the orzo drains.

Putting it all together.

Dressing made with olive oil, lemon juice, and some herbs.

There it is! Delicious!

1 comment:

SophisticatedBrew said...

YUM! I've never cooked orzo before. Way to try new things!